Are you interested in sharing stories about effective coral reef management? Want to get more involved with the AIC and coral reefs throughout the US and Freely Associated States? Do you have an interest in social media and communications? Apply to be the AIC Communications Intern!
The AIC is looking for help to ensure we have a strong online presence during International Year of the Reef (IYOR). The intern will focus on developing and implementing social media campaigns that highlight the work in the 10 AIC jurisdictions, and the urgent need to protect and conserve coral reef ecosystems immediately. The intern will work remotely, and need an internet connection to complete this internship. While this is an unpaid position, the intern will gain valuable connections in the coral reef management community and great experience working with people in 10 unique places.
- Analyze current social media outreach efforts
- Develop an AIC IYOR Social Media Plan/outline, including performance metrics and 1 or 2 realistic and doable social media “campaigns”
- Communicate with AIC Jurisdictions to gather content, photos, etc needed for the campaign
- Implement social media campaigns with review from the AIC Executive Director
- Track and compile social media stats for regular reporting
- Liaise with AIC Executive Director and NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP) and other partners to share AIC content with a broader audience.
- Experience and expertise in social media strategy and plans
- Familiarity with various social media tools, including Facebook and WordPress, etc
- Access to reliable internet and familiarity with word-processing and desktop publishing software
- Experience interacting/communicating/working with folks virtually on a collaborative product a plus
- Living in, from, or experience in, one of the AIC Jurisdictions
Expected time commitment: 3-5 hours/week
Internship Location: Anywhere. This is a remote internship. We do require consistent internet access to work with a Honolulu based supervisor and the AIC Jurisdictions.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kristine Bucchianeri, AIC Executive Director at Kristine.Bucchianeri@noaa.gov by April 6, 2018.